Career Opportunities at Total Quality Construction
Quality is in our name and it resonates in the people that make up our company. Total Quality Construction is looking for the quality individuals to join our growing company.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-growing remodeling company in Toledo, Total Quality Construction is where you want to be. Review and apply to the open positions outlined below.
Design Build Full Service Remodeling Company Specializing in Room Additions, Kitchen and Bathrooms, and Basements.
- Installation of doors and windows
- Cabinet installation
- All Finish carpentry
Must be able to follow directions and be safety conscience. Willing to learn and advance skills. Pass random drug testing. Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Required to own basic carpentry tools.
Competitive pay based on performance; starting at $20 per hour
Benefits Include: Health Insurance, Life and Dental Insurance, Retirement. Paid holidays. Option for Company Vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
- Carpentry: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
The Lead Carpenter’s starting time is 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. with one half for lunch, a fifteen minute break in the morning and a fifteen minute break in the afternoon. The work week is normally Monday through Friday but because of the responsibilities of running a construction project, these hours are somewhat flexible. Pay is on a bi-weekly pay period with one week held back.
The Lead Carpenter is directly responsible for the on-site field supervision and is required to possess the highest level of carpentry, scheduling, planning, jobsite safety, troubleshooting and ensuring that company policies and procedures are upheld. This position is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction throughout the project within the means of the construction contract. This person is also responsible for tracking, organizing and maintaining all tools, equipment and supply inventory.
• Communicate and lead carpentry at the highest level as required.
• Supervise laborers, carpenters and subcontractors, including participating in performance reviews. Make work assignments, monitor quality, and motivate crew. Must command respect of work crew.
• Expedite timely completion of the work to maintain schedule and budget goals.
• Ensure jobsite safety, protection and maintenance of company tools, and enforce all jobsite rules.
• Maintain regular client contact for duration of projects and assist with requested updates
• Train carpenters
• Read and interpret paperwork, including all plans and specifications, purchase orders, subcontractor work orders, and cost updates. Bring questions, discrepancies and unusual conditions to the attention of the Project Manager.
• Provide necessary information to Project Managert for change notices. You must understand change order procedure and ensure that all change orders are written up and signed prior to implementation.
Office Administrator / Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Total Quality Construction, Ltd is a growing full-service design/build firm servicing Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan known for its innovative designs and attention to detail.
We are looking for a rock star who is extremely well-organized, charismatic, engaging and possesses a flare for marketing to join our leadership team. This position requires one to wear multiple hats ranging from Administrative Assistant to Marketing Coordinator. This person thrives in a fast paced, upbeat and ethical organization. Join a company environment where working practices that are continuously being improved and personal job efficiency and initiation is appreciated and rewarded.
Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
· Answer phones
· Schedule estimates and track leads
· Transcribe meeting notes
· Maintain office and supplies
· Greet visitors
· Keep electronic and hard copy job files organized
· Scan documents to Google Drive
· Provide proper documentation to key personnel for project meetings
· Attend project hand off meetings, in house and on site
· Assist with marketing
· Social media, email blasts, blogposts
· Quarterly newsletters
· Initiate and coordinate project photography
· Website photo updates
· Schedule meetings with office and clients
· Keep job photos organized
· Set up files for new projects
· Close out files for old projects
· Schedule trades
· Follow up ETAs on materials
· Create client selection binder
· Contact government agencies for inspections
We offer an excellent benefits package consisting of: Competitive salary (based upon experience), paid vacation & holidays, health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and being a key part of a hard working and fun team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sylvania, OH 43560: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Office Administration and Marketing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Total Quality Construction, Ltd is a growing full service design/build firm servicing Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan known for its luxury designs and attention to detail.
We are looking for a rock star to add to our Production team as a Project Manager, in charge of remodeling and new construction jobs ranging from $15k – $500k. This person must be a leader, very organized, have solid construction management experience while also being well versed with technology. The perfect candidate will be adept with both a spreadsheet and a framing square!
This individual must be outgoing, able to absorb new information rapidly, take the initiative, and thrive in the fast-paced field of construction while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Managing and multitasking 3-5 projects at a time.
- Schedule/manage in-house and trade labor from planning through completion
- Maintaining schedules daily
- Maintaining the job budget
- Creating and maintaining Purchase Orders and Change Orders
- VERY strong organizational and communication skills (oral & written)
- Accounting/Finance experience
- Building and construction experience
- Knowledge of building materials and brands and uses
- Microsoft Word & Excel proficiency
- Cloud based software experience (BuilderTrend and/or ConstructionSuite a PLUS)
- Experience in a professional environment
The Project Manager will be responsible from the handoff from the Design Team, through the troubleshooting of potential issues, checking blueprints, quotes & estimates for accuracy and obtaining Purchase Orders for new work, all the way through completion. This person will spend 70% of their time in the field and 30% in the office. Daily and weekly meetings will be required with other production personnel. There must also be excellent communication with field and design staff before, during and after the project.
This person will be responsible for inputting and maintaining the job schedule on our cloud scheduling software, along with inputting and maintaining all pertinent job related information.
This person must understand relationships between facets of construction, (ie. the order of tile to drywall to paint, etc). They will also perform material take-offs, quotes and job cost estimating. This person will be a main hub of communication for each project between subcontractors, vendors and designers and customers.
There will be a continuous commitment to training and education.
There will be a yearly commitment to travel to continuing education events, some out of state.
Competitive salary (based upon experience), paid vacation & holidays, health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and being a key part of a hard working and fun team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $60,000 per year and up.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
- Construction Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- The Lead Designer’s starting time is 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. with one half for lunch, a fifteen minute break in the morning and a fifteen minute break in the afternoon. The work week is normally Monday through Friday but because of the responsibilities of running a construction project, these hours are somewhat flexible. Pay is on a bi-weekly pay period with one week held back.
- The Designer, under the direction of the Salesperson, is primarily responsible for working with customers to create interior designs as per specific requests. The Designer uses creativity to put together selections, as-built floorplans & concept floorplans, working drawings and project details. The designer may also assist with establishing project material take off sheets and acquiring quotes for projects.
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Design Trends
- Work with customers to determine concept floorplans and selections for desired design outcomes that will meet or exceed expectations
- Set proper expectations with clients with respect to cost, material durability & maintenance, timelines and deadlines to make selections
- Ensure customers budgets are kept in mind during the selection process, while also being mindful of company standards
- Use knowledge of design and creativity to put together project details for each project
- Establish as-built blueprints
- Establish concept blueprints
- Prepare and participate in initial client meetings and presentations
- Establish a list of client needs/wants to ensure the final design is reflective of the clients expectations
- Establish a list of site conditions that will affect the costs of construction
- Resolve design issues or questions from site staff during construction
- Assess and meet client requirements and desires through emails and meetings, then communicate these items to site manager and production manager
- Update UDA, Chief Architect, 20/20 and any other company software as required for changes as they occur
- Ensure all design details on UDA are reflective of the most recent client requests
- Perform research and maintain a working knowledge of trends and new developments in the interior design and architecture world
- Work with suppliers to keep up to date on new products and associated pricing
- Submit layout drawings to TQC approved sub-trades for pricing
- Ensure project plans include all necessary dimensions, notes and details as required for accurate estimating
- Review submitted sub-trade quotes to ensure they include all items expected by the client
- Review accuracy, omissions, errors and legibility of drawing and permit packages
- Work with clients to sign off on final selections in a timely manner as dictated by the schedule
- Maintain selection worksheet and provide appropriate information to the Project Coordinator
- Review UDA/Scope before client meetings as a second set of eyes to protect against potential errors
- Submit permits online through city portal or take to city
- Perform layout drawings for selections (flooring, paint, furniture, etc.)
- Manage the Sales to Production Hand Off